Saturday, December 7, 2013

Ralston's Drafthouse

Yesterday after work, I headed downtown to get my hair cut and highlighted for the holidays at Meridian Design Group. You can visit their website here. My stylist is Rudy. I absolutely adore him and really enjoy my visit every time. He transforms my hair to exactly as I had imagined and cracks me up every moment. And, as his info says, "arguably one of the best scalp massages in the city!"



Around 6:15 after Rudy made my hair b-e-a-utiful, I gave my boyfriend, Cole, a call to see what he was up to for the evening.  As it turned out, he was just leaving the office (he works downtown), so we decided to grab a bite. Usually we get food at Champps, but we decided that somewhere on Mass. Ave. would be more picturesque for the evening since it had just turned dark and began to snow (or maybe that was my reasoning...). We ended up at a new place--new to me, not the street--called Ralston's Drafthouse. It is owned by one of my favorite pubs, Chatham Tap.  I did not know this connection when we went, but, no surprise, I LOVED Ralston's. It has all the character you would expect on Massachusetts Avenue. 

I found it difficult to choose which drink to have with such a great selection of craft and micro brews. I was torn between Fountain Square Workingman's Pilsner, Dark Horse Scotty Karate, Hacker-Pschorr Hefeweizen, and Sun King Malus Pi. I'm a sucker for a wheat beer, so I went for the Hacker-Pschorr, and Cole had the Scotty Karate. Both were delish. We had the Soft Pretzels, which are bite-size and come with spicy honey mustard which was amazing! There was also regular honey mustard and beer cheese available if horseradish disagrees with you. 

For entrees, Cole had the Bourbon Glazed Pulled Pork Sandwich, which is on a pretzel bun. I must say, it's one of the best pulled-pork sandwiches I've ever had a bite of, with that bourbon glaze. I had the 31st Mann Flatbread, which has Prime Rib and two choices for dipping: the spicy horseradish mustard (that was also with the soft pretzels) or a plum au jus, both of which were delicious.  We both had sweet potato fries for our side dish. In the photo below, the Pulled Pork is at the top and the 31st Mann is at the bottom.





No comments:

Post a Comment