Friday, May 15, 2015

Packing Up My Life

So far, as I go through all of my belongings, I'm trying to get rid of as much as possible and get it to Good Will before I hold on to it forevaaaaa!--cue Dracula voice. Anyone who has seen my current room knows that all of this is going to be an awfully big task. So, organization is key here, and I am very good at organizing, note drawer of t-shirts...





Plan of Attack:


  • pack up out-of-season clothes
  • pack and label boxes that will go to specific rooms: kitchen, master, panel room--I'll explain that one later, office, dining, etc.
  • set aside everyday items
  • label furniture for which room it goes to


Furniture:
I mostly wanted to include this because of the story behind it--my family is just silly. When I was first going to college, I had planned to live at home.  My mom and I went out to get some furniture that would make my room have functionality as a study area also. We found this chair and ottoman and I have always loved sitting in it; it is so comfortable, hence the name, The Comfy Chair! Please see the following video to understand the emphasis in saying this name.  For all of you Monty Python fans, you're welcome :)


Back to what we were talking about...

Starting Off Items

The following are everyday items that I will need for "making it" the first few days, marked with a blue piece of tape on the boxes:

  • air mattress
  • sheets
  • pillows
  • a blanket or two
  • silverware, plates
  • food!
  • Dot's things: bed, food, toys, leash --if only I could be so easy to pack
  • clothes for the last few weeks of school
  • getting ready supplies: only the minimum
  • COFFEE!!! And Keurig--I'm the only coffee drinker here
  • TV, Blu-Ray Player, nook, iPad

If you can think of other things that I will need and later regret when I can't find them through the masses of boxes, PLEASE tell me in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment