Thursday, April 28, 2016

"Probably Asian Chicken" and Broccoli

Tonight marks a new dinner for us. I don't think I've tried a new recipe in a loooooong time. I had decided to make Hawaiian chicken and started following this recipe, but I didn't actually have all of the ingredients for it, so I improvised my own version, which is probably just sesame garlic chicken? All I can smell is the sesame... Oh, and I didn't feel like cutting the pineapple in the end, so definitely not Hawaiian anymore.


Anyway, the recipe was meant for marinating the chicken, but I'm not one to remember to do that in advance, so I simply cooked the chicken plain in coconut oil and then poured the sauce over it until we were ready to eat.  Really, this was doomed from the start; I probably should have chosen a different recipe, and the corn was added in because I wanted to eat it already. But it worked for us. 😊

I also took some pretty pictures for you!
All of the broccoli





For the corn, I sprayed it with olive oil and sprinkled a little salt. Wrapped it up in foil and baked it at 450F for 20 minutes. 

The broccoli was just as simple. Spread out the pieces on a foil-covered baking sheet, spray with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes at 450. 

For the chicken sauce:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar 
1 tablespoon ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment