Sunday, April 24, 2016

Lack of Motivation

I want to lose weight.... I want to look toned.... I want to look like I did 10 years ago....

These are thoughts that I constantly have, and yet, I pretty much never do anything to meet those goals. Do you ever feel like you really want something to happen, but it remains too abstract that you simply can't motivate yourself to consistently work at it? And then it just seems like being lazy?



I have felt this way for a while. I make lofty goals or sign up for the mini marathon and then make no game plan. That's actually not true. I have pages and pages of workout plans and meal plans/recipes--I'm a huge list-maker--and then the workweek begins and all of it goes down the toilet. I can't figure out if it's that my job wears me out, or that I don't have enough going on to have enough goals or deadlines--I was super busy and involved in school, but now I'm not very involved in "extracurriculars." I'm simply too tired when I get home to do anything. And even on the days that I do workout--which was kettlebells for a few weeks--I haven't been working hard enough. Not building up a good sweat.

So I've decided that enough is enough. I have to get outside and get moving. So, I did more than just make a plan, I've already started acting on it! Woo! I put together a running schedule that incorporates some weight training annnnnnd I started meal planning! Not just planning though, I already separated foods into baggies to grab, especially for lunch, which I often forget to bring to work.



I never realized how satisfying it would be to get foods sorted out. A few years ago, I bought the 21 Day Fix program, and I have decided to give it another go.  As you can see above, I've already put the fruits and veggies together, and I'll have to prepare some foods from the other categories, but I already feel really good about my chances with this time around. I'll keep you posted. If my running is successful, I'll share that plan, too. I haven't been running for about six months, so this is really easing into it.

Questions for you:

What keeps you motivated to be fit/healthy?
What sort of workout schedule do you follow?


No comments:

Post a Comment