Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Gone Girl

 
Photo compliments of Barnes & Noble

I began reading Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn on the drive down to Florida. I was supposed to be sleeping so I could be the next driver, but I started reading a few pages and could not put it down. All of a sudden, I was 150 pages in and did not want to switch drivers so I could keep reading. Alas, I was a team player and put the nook down for a while to take my turn at the wheel. 

The story, which you can get from Barnes & Noble here, is about a couple from New York who moves to Missouri to be with the husband's ill parents. On the day of their fifth anniversary, the wife, Amy, goes missing and we are told bits and pieces of their lives leading up to the disappearance and trying to find Amy. The story is told chapter to chapter from the perspective of the husband (Nick), Amy, or Amy's diary entry. 

This book had me completely absorbed. I am someone who enjoys trying to guess the ending to see if I'm right and the story kept turning, enticing me to keep reading. I cannot give any more details without spoiling one thing or another. This is a MUST READ!

No comments:

Post a Comment