Sunday, May 10, 2015

We're Getting a House!


I'm so excited!! Cole and I are purchasing a house!! I'm doing my best to not buy too much before we move our already existing furniture in there. But I stopped by a flea market and antique store on my way home this weekend. And a consignment shop...I'm really setting myself up for success with all those stops. But I've found some great deals on objects that I can fix up. Stay tuned for DIY projects!

43" round mirror: $35. I'll either leave this as-is, or paint it black and fleck the details with bronze.

Who could pass up $10 dining chairs?! I'm going to reupholster the cushions and give the wood a white distressed finish. My dad, Big Jim, is going to build a table for our dining room. Can't wait for that!

$40 real wood chest of drawers: if there wasn't a huge spot on top missing paint, I would only add new hardware. Alas, this will need refinished, too. I'm thinking of using green and brown wood stain to keep a similar color. Oh hey, Dot!

I just loved the shape of these lamps! $15. I'm going to paint them and find nice shades. 

It's missing the details at the corners, but I found this for $45 and when I looked it up online, they were being sold for $190 on eBay--good deal to me. I'm going to sand down the areas where the paint has peeled up and paint the trim black to let the gold of the mirror details stand out.

Oh, I forgot to mention a stop at Burlington's Coat Factory. My mom and I were shopping for Kentucky Derby hats and I walked passed this baby for $30! Nothing to change here; simply excited. It's going to be the mirror for the half bath on the main floor. 

Places that I think are great to find house items for-less: Home Goods, Stein Mart, Kohl's, Dollar Tree and Walmart
Some quirkier places for good finds: Uncommon Goods, World Market, and IKEA

I've become pretty obsessed with the show Fixer Upper on HGTV and just love Joanna's design style. I'm hoping to incorporate an industrial farmhouse look as we go about updating our house!

I hope you all gave your mom a kiss and a hug today for Mother's Day! See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment