Thursday, April 21, 2016

Hey Chicago, Wha'd'ya Say?

Cubs win!!! Cole and I were able to enjoy a fun weekend in Chicago to meet up with friends and watch the Cubs game against the Rockies. We got in around 9 or 10 on Friday night to my friends' Eric and Lauren's place. We brought a cooler of beer and mimosa ingredients for the morning (gotta start the morning out right!).



Every time that I visit Chicago, I wish that I lived there; you can walk everywhere to everything. In the morning, we walked over to Chicago Bagel Authority, which made me think of a hipster version of Big Apple Bagel--I hope it's not offensive to compare them... I ordered the Belmont, which has maple sausage, smoked ham, scrambled egg, chive cream cheese, jalapeƱos, pepper jack, and Gouda on an everything bagel. The only thing I would change for next time would be to have a plain bagel. There were already enough favors in there. I was advised to grab coffee elsewhere, and Starbucks was along the way. This was the first time ever--I think I've been trying for at least 4 years-- that I was able to order the cold brew coffee and they hadn't run out! I liked it a lot and will probably continue to get it when it's available, especially since it saves on all the calories from having a caramel macchiato.

We headed to the Cubbie Bear before the game to meet up with Indy friends to celebrate a birthday and group together for bleacher seats in the game.


We were successful in getting seats together and, another first for me this weekend, I witnessed a Cubs victory! 



I love every time that we visit the Windy City, and hope that we can visit again soon!

http://youtu.be/A9XtDyDUjIU
In case you don't know the song ;)


Catch 'ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment