Monday, April 25, 2016

New Regimen

So I went ahead and started my new running schedule a day early because it was a beautiful morning and I thought it could only help get me going for the next 30 or so weeks.  Today was simply running or walking for 30 minutes.  I used the MapMyRun app and ran for two minutes and walked for one minute until I got to 30 minutes.  In 2009 when I trained to run my first mini marathon, I had a pace of 9:30 to 10 minutes per mile.  By the end of this run/walk, I averaged about 12:30 per mile and had a distance of 2.54 miles.  I feel pretty good about that.  I wish that I hadn't accidentally washed my old iPod in the laundry a long time ago... I never did recover all of the songs since my laptop stopped working. Sad face.


All-in-all, this was a pretty good start for me.  Nice-and-easy-getting-back-into-the-swing-of-things sort of start. I followed up my run with a cool-down walk with Dottie, which was about 0.7 miles, and then used those little 21 Day Fix containers to make a breakfast.  Instant oatmeal (2 yellow containers), with pecans and chocolate chips (orange size containers).  I'm pretty sure that the chocolate chips do not fit into the orange category, but it certainly kept me from pouring a huge amount of them into the bowl.  I'm following this meal plan pretty loosely; I've found that when I make foods off-limits that I will lie about or hide the fact that I'm eating them, which I think is much worse than simply enjoying the food before me.


Ingredients:

  • 1 packet Quaker Instant Oatmeal
  • 2 Tablespoons chopped pecans
  • 2 Tablespoons chocolate chips
I think that I'll need to buy a smaller bowl so that this appears a little more filling.  And don't get me wrong, it was certainly filling, but perhaps you can relate to the whole portion size vs. bowl size quandary?


Speaking of Quandary, does anyone remember this game?!

(photo from Google Search results... www.myabandonware.com)

Enjoy this beautiful spring weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment