Monday, June 27, 2016

Sesame Chicken and Broccoli

I looooooooooooooove broccoli--and pretty much every vegetable--and Cole is trying to eat it because he knows it's healthy. Side note: I offered once to melt some cheese to put on the broccoli to make it a treat, and he said that he wanted no part in it if it would no longer be healthy. Touché

Cole had a work dinner the other night, so I took the opportunity to make lots of broccoli--and didn't bother to put cheese on it, thank you.  The end result of my meal actually ended up fitting into the Paleo guidelines, which I checked about the sesame oil here.

It was really easy to make.  I thawed out some frozen broccoli, sautéed it in ghee butter, mixed it with minced garlic, sea salt, and pepper, and voila! broccoli is done.  Then I put the chicken breast onto the skillet and cooked it until it was done all the way through, then drizzled a little sesame oil along the top.  Note: you do not need much sesame oil at all; I probably used less than a tablespoon.  Then when I put the chicken on the plate, I zigzagged honey across the top. 



Boom. Sweet and savory goodness while being clean eating and not a pain in my butt to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment